LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
This position supports the LYB Catalyst plant in Edison, NJ. This role is primary position focusing on supporting plant operation and reliability improvement efforts. Working in a team environment, it carries responsibility for implementing reliability best practices, developing and optimizing preventive maintenance tasks, and supporting maintenance activities. The position interacts with other technical groups on site (process engineering, maintenance), corporate technical networks and peers, and vendors/suppliers as needed to resolve problems and improve plant reliability and performance.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Monitor equipment performance and make improvement recommendations
- Apply data analysis techniques to develop engineering solutions to repetitive failures and other problems that adversely affect plant operations including capacity, quality, cost, safety, environmental, and regulatory compliance issues
- Consult with peers at the site and across the company
- Provide technical support/expertise within your discipline in the design and installation stages of projects for new assets and modification of existing assets to minimize life cycle cost and maximize asset availability
- Lead or participate in incident investigations and root cause analysis
- Systematically define, design, develop, monitor, and refine an asset maintenance plan that includes:
- Value-added preventive maintenance tasks
- Effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems
- Apply value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign and make/buy decisions
- Participate in interdisciplinary reliability improvement teams to guide efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, controls, and safety systems.
- Provide technical support within your discipline to production, maintenance, project, and process engineering groups
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience in the refining, petrochemical, chemical process, or power generation industries is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal leadership skills are critical due to the requirement for effective communication of complex issues across the organization as well as for mentoring and consensus building.
- The successful candidate must exhibit an understanding of business drivers, management of change requirements, reliability processes, and maintenance workflow.
- The successful candidate must have strong commitment to safety, a high level of personal integrity, and dedication to conducting business in an ethical way.
The individual must have or develop basic proficiency in the following areas:
- Rotating Equipment (e.g., pumps, turbines, centrifugal and reciprocating compressors, blowers and gearboxes)
- Machinery diagnostics, troubleshooting and repair
- Predictive (PdM) and preventive Maintenance (PM) concepts
- Component failure analysis
- Reliability engineering concepts
- Reliability data analysis techniques
- Basic understanding of industry codes and standards (e.g., ASME, API, ANSI)
- Project management
- Ability to apply computer software tools (SAP and Meridium are a plus)
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey