- We are looking for Mechanical Engineers to participate in reviewing and writing jurisdiction and classification records regarding scientific and technical matters relating to mechanical design, development and manufacturing of products that are subject to Department of State and Department of Commerce International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Control Regulations (EAR), respectively.
- The ideal candidate would demonstrate unrelenting tenacity to overcome challenges/obstacles and learn along the way.
- This position is a great opportunity to Mechanical Engineer designing, laying out, testing, evaluating, and delivering complex systems for our customers and their on-going operations.
- Review, assess and verify existing documented jurisdiction determination and associated technical documentation to determine regulatory (International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR) accuracy.
- This includes preparing written draft and/or final jurisdiction and classification determinations in accordance with jurisdiction and classification policies, procedures, guidelines and work instructions (i.e., describe justification for determining the jurisdiction and classification).
- Request more information from the division/business unit lead as necessary to complete task, including documenting in writing rationale for jurisdiction determinations determined as not regulatory accurate
- Release the final records for use by the division to properly export, re-export and retransfer manufactured hardware, software, technical data and related defense services