Aerotek is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer with extensive experience in mechanical design including proposal generation, preliminary and detailed design, documentation, and support to fabrication, assembly and test of high reliability mechanical and electronic systems for various Military, Government and Commercial applications. Working as part of an integrated product team, the position requires general technical knowledge in the mechanical engineering field. Proficiency with Creo CAD modeling tools and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing methods is strongly desired. Design opportunities include CCA and electronic packaging as well as the packaging of custom and Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) electronics within enclosures. Experience with the integration of COTS electronics into military enclosures is strongly desired
* Minimum of 8 years experience in mechanical design, documentation and fabrication of military electronic systems
* Understanding of manufacturing methods and processes such as assembly standards, fabrication processes, assembly documentation, and mechanical fasteners
* Experience with program cost and schedule monitoring and reporting
* Task Leadership experience
* Ability to read detailed engineering drawings, specifications and an understanding of Geometric, Dimensional & Tolerance
* Experience with 3-D modeling software
* Experience with configuration management systems
* Experience with mechanical design and CAD tools
* Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* U.S. Citizenship is required as this position will require a DoD security clearance within your 1st year
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.