LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
The Mechanical Maintenance Engineer will monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize various plant rotating and fixed equipment as well as drive processes and product improvements while maintaining a strong safety and environmental compliance focus. During a typical day the candidate will apply technical knowledge to analyze causes of long term reliability issues, execute expense projects, provide general assistance trouble shooting day-to-day issues and provide technical training to less experienced engineers.Roles & Responsibilities
* Serves as the primary engineering resource for an assigned area.
* Maintains Long Range Plan within assigned area related to fixed and/or rotating equipment
* Supports Maintenance and Operations to resolve technical issues on all plant equipment.
* Identifies bad actors, performs Root Cause Failure Analysis, and works to eliminate defects and drive equipment improvements.
* Supports turnaround activities as needed in planning and/or execution.
* Supports the capital projects process by submitting Project Design Documents, participating in design phase, and following field execution of projects
* Communicates when fixed and/or rotating equipment is outside acceptable and/or safe operating parameters and provides a recommended direction.
* Reviews and approves engineered drawings, specifications, design packages, deferrals, deviations from standards/procedures.
* Develops and/or approves fixed and/or rotating equipment repair plans for expense and capital projects.
* May be required to perform bolted joint calculations and select gaskets for planning.
* Works closely with Unit Inspector(s) to troubleshoot complex stationary equipment issues and review Inspection & Testing Plans for piping / equipment repairs or new installations.
* Reviews requests for installation of Leak Repair Devices, such as bolted engineered enclosures, composite wraps, valves body injections, etc.
* Leads the development of technical assessment packages for hot taps, stopples, line freezes, welding on live equipment, etc.
* Leads or participates in incident investigations. Leads and participates in MOC process for scope pertaining to area Assets.
* Reviews the design of furnaces, boilers, heaters, flares, burners, refractory, insulation, high temperature materials, tanks, exchangers, vessels, piping, pumps, shaft sealing systems, gearboxes, compressors, fans and motors.
* Works with machinery specialists to trouble shoot machinery vibration or installation issues
* Performs hydraulic analysis of pumping systems
* This position requires: BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering
* Minimum 5 years of experience working as a mechanical engineer with relevant experience in the refining, petrochemical, or chemical process industries
* Working knowledge of equipment construction standards (ASME Sec. VIII, API), repair codes (API, NBIC, ASME PCC-2), and fitness-for-service standard (API-579)
* Working Knowledge of vibration analysis
* Strong communication skills-both verbally and in writing.
* Demonstrated strong independent decision-making skills
* Must have strong computer skills including SAP and Microsoft Office
* General knowledge of project management, reliability engineering and root cause analysis
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston