South SanFrancisco, CA
Temp to perm
The Automation Team is tasked with designing, building, and maintaining the most advanced clinical diagnostics laboratory platform in the world. As a Mechanical Maintenance Equipment Technician, you will be responsible for keeping the platform in peak condition as it continues to expand in capabilities and in its capacity to meet the demands of the genomics revolution.
- Responsible for uptime on a multi-million-dollar pipeline through equipment maintenance, instrument qualification, and rapid response to issues.
- Interfacing with CLIA laboratory personnel to troubleshoot problems and schedule work on instrumentation.
- Performing regular maintenance to keep robotics and instrumentation running in top shape
- Work closely with automation engineers to define critical feature requests and potential improvements.
- Maintain the most advanced laboratory technology in molecular diagnostics.
- Developing, optimizing, and troubleshooting liquid-handling processes on multiple instrument platforms.
- Specifying and supporting the implementation of custom hardware and software solutions to continuously improve the MWH laboratory platform (e.g., robots, gantries, PLCs, scheduling, tracking, safety).
- BS in electrical engineering, biomedical engineering, or their equivalent, and/or independent experience servicing complex laboratory instrumentation and/or robotic hardware, as displayed by prior employment or projects
- 7+years of experience repairing and/or maintaining laboratory instrumentation or instruments of similar complexity (Tecan is desirable).
- Maintain a complex suite of instrumentation and robotic equipment.
- Know when the solution to a problem hardware, software, or chemistry is.
- Recognize quickly when he or she sees a superior solution and be unafraid to recommend changes and solutions.
- Be punctual and able to work a steady schedule and help cover other shift times as needed
- Well-organized, have an eye for detail, fast learner and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG's candidates and experience the difference!