The Mechatronic Technician provides technical support for automated material handling equipment in customer warehouses and distribution centers. The Position works with PLC Engineers, Software Developers, and Software Support Engineers to install, troubleshoot, maintain, and repair mechanical and electrical systems. The Position may be on an installation team or part of a customer service team in-residence to ensure systems are running at peak efficiency with maximum uptime.
- Coordinates on-site installation/maintenance of electrical and mechanical automated system machines.
- Troubleshoot, repair, calibrate and align electrical and mechanical automated system machines.
- Clears interface of electrical and mechanical software.
- Effectively communicates with customers in high-impact scenarios.
- Develops and maintains standards and tools for hardware projects.
- Monitors external suppliers.
- Monitors automated system machine performance.
- Maneuvers warehouse and distribution center ladders, metal stairs, catwalks, and temporary structure to find problems and make repairs.
- May occasionally performs extended hours, weekend and holiday work in support of customer service and change requests.
- May travel to other sites for paid training, installations, and vacation relief.
- Works independently with little or no supervision.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the Essential Functions.
- Trains internal and external customers to increase system knowledge, resolve issues and prevent issues from recurring.
- Updates system manuals.
- Attends and participates in customer meetings.