Location: Midtown, NYC
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 9 months+
Contact Info: Matt O'Brien - firstname.lastname@example.org - 201-786-2415
- Business Analysis
- Gathers business requirements through interviews, workshops and/or existing systems documentation or procedures.
- Provides analysis of business requirements, processes and workflows with suggestions for improvement. Identifies areas where technology, development of new systems or enhancements to existing systems and/or integration solutions can lead to increased efficiency and productivity.
- Understands the functions and processes provided by the current systems. Understand and accommodate the requirement constraints imposed by the current systems.
- Provides detailed analysis resulting in clear, concise and unambiguous system requirements. Documents detailed use cases that cover all alternate and exception flows. Supplements use cases with real world scenarios.
- Provides mock-ups of user interface. Leads design discussions and identifies design options.
- Develops test schedules, reviews testing plans, tracks and documents the development and results of these plans.
- Provides user documentation for the system. Creates curriculum and provide classes for user training.
- Ensures requirements are understood, agreed to and signed off at the appropriate early stages in a project.
- Application Support:
- Work closely with development IT team in providing application support for current systems.
- Provide solutions to ensure that repeat defects, break fixes are minimized.
- Focus on analysis of issues and provide recommendation for avoiding common defects
- Query source system databases while troubleshooting issues or responding to user data requests.
- 5+ years of IT Business Analysis
- Knowledge of Research systems -Nielsen, understanding of Media Math and ratings terminology for Linear TV
- Experience working with Nielsen, Rentrak, ComScore and other industry research data sources required.
- Knowledge of SQL required
- Experience with Oracle and SQL Server.
- Excellent analytical, communication (both verbal and written), facilitation/organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional business and technical teams
- Demonstrated business acumen and the ability to apply technology solutions to solve business problems
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels
- Highest level of ownership, accountability & integrity
- Exhibits, models & promotes vision of the IT team
- Being able to question, evaluate and make decision on technology platform