The primary purpose of this position is to perform work which involves conventional engineering practices, but may include a variety of complex features. This position will apply sound judgment when making adaptations and/or modifications to machinery, test and measurement equipment and/or systems.
- Develop novel methods to accurately and precisely measure very small machined parts
- Create and maintain automated, production-ready programs for dimensionally inspecting machined parts
- Accurately read and interpret drawings and CAD models
- Dimensionally inspect parts using a variety of metrology equipment including vision systems, CMM and 3D scanners
- Lead standardization and optimization of production measurement methods and techniques
- Mentor junior associates and help create internal training plan
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of operational documentation
- Perform other functions as required
- Resourceful and creative problem solver
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in manufacturing environment preferred
- Expert knowledge of Excel including VBA
- Working knowledge of a high-level programming language (e.g. C++, Visual Basic, etc.)
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks or similar
- Working knowledge of Minitab or similar
- Ability to operate and prioritize with little supervision
Minimum Education: B.S. Degree in engineering field or computer science required. Mechanical/Manufacturing or Electrical Engineering degree preferred.
Minimum Experience: 3-5 years of experience
- programming automated metrology equipment (e.g. vision, laser, 3D scanners, CMM, etc.)
- using programmable contact and non-contact metrology equipment
- Knowledge of GD&T per ASME Y14.5
- Knowledge of SPC (Six Sigma certification helpful)
- Experience with revision-controlled documentation preferred (e.g. ISO 9001, 13485, etc.)
Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to work in a team environment. Good problem solving skills.
Experience in medical devices and knowledge about clean room requirements preferred. Previous exposure to ERP software for generating reports preferred.