LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
The purpose of the job is to support the transformation of the Global Manufacturing organization from regional/local based processes to a centralized function with globally led processes.
This position is the primary contact between Global Manufacturing and the IT organization in managing overall process and system improvements, thus is responsible for driving end to end business process improvement activities. The position is responsible to provide business process support to Global Manufacturing within LYB in order to ensure the continuous alignment with Global Manufacturing and IT Services and drive continuous improvement.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* Regularly identify and articulate process improvement opportunities as a result of partnering with the Global Manufacturing leaders.
* Partner with IT and other functional Process Architects to drive end-to-end process view for projects/initiatives and ensuring such projects align with broader Company strategy.
* Create and track process performance indicators and metrics and explain trends in performance and against benchmarks.
* Process design stewardship - Maintain knowledge on process design, operational procedures and development of process documentation as necessary.
* Business case development responsibility - Evaluate new process solutions against the present process model and develop business benefit/cost analysis for the BPO.
* User requirements definition - Work closely with Global Manufacturing leaders to document clear business requirements to support improvement opportunities.
* Solution proposal approval - Review and approve the functional design of a proposed solution prior to scheduling.
* User acceptance testing - Ensure that adequate user acceptance testing is done on every change, coordinating resources where necessary.
* Oversight of the IT change request prioritization including approving/denying requests based on merit.
* Process improvement research - Continuous monitoring of industry best practices and technology. Participation in SAP, industry and technology user groups is expected.
* Establish and maintain a process to identify issues, perform root cause analysis and establish appropriate mitigation plans to drive issues to closure. Document current state identifying cross functional disconnects and interface issues.
* Work with Technical staff to assist with the design, develop and implementation of automation alternatives.
* Work closely with business users and management to utilize IT systems and tools to drive operational excellence and support the change management efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in a related business function such as Engineering, IT or Business
- Process Re-engineering, Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma experience preferred
- Experience in some combination of business process re-engineering, change management and/or IT systems implementation as they relate to Manufacturing functions
- SAP competency in the relevant functional areas (PM, PS, MM, PPPI, QM)
- Approximately 15+ years of experience in manufacturing and strong evidence of executing leadership roles
- Experience with capital project planning / budgeting including analysis of project value and return
- Experience in a global, fast-paced, dynamic and deadline driven environment
- Experience with Internal Controls
- Deep understanding of the business processes within the Petrochemicals business model, highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience in process management (in particular KPI and benchmarking)
- Experience of working in different international geographical regions
- Candidate must demonstrate strong collaboration, interpersonal and communication skills to become a uniting force that can articulate and sell the benefits of solutions
- Skilled in communication with various organizational levels
- Must be capable of establishing influential and collaborative relationships at various levels of the organizational
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston