LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
This position aligns APS commercial organization globally to develop and implement shared strategies related to Advancing Data Analytics, aimed to maximize the profitability of APS. Responsible for creating a step change in aptitude, speed, and accuracy of business decisions and execution by: (1) creating a business self-service data analytics culture, (2) enabling IT architecture for seamless data access, (3) creating user-friendly data applications to solve business problems.
This position reports to the Director, APS Global Business Services and is located in downtown Houston at our North American headquarters.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Global Lead & Business Partner - Global lead to identify and evaluate commercial needs for data analytics and create standardized solutions aligned across all regions globally. To drive a culture towards new analytical tools, applications, automation, mobility, and architecture to advance data analytic capabilities of the APS commercial organization.
- Leverage LYB Digital Transformation Team - Establish key working relationships with the LYB Digital Transformation Team to identify and implement key digital transformation initiatives for the APS commercial organization.
- Partner with IT - Establish key working relationships with the LYB IT organization to ensure the APS commercial organization's data analytics landscape of projects, initiatives, and future considerations are well known, identified, and resourced.
- Change Management - Oversee the change management process & implementation of new applications with user base to ensure organizational understanding and acceptance of change and standardization.
- Drive Digitalization Culture - Create a digitalization culture within the global ASP commercial organization by demonstrating, inspiring, marketing, training, and enabling a business-self service data analytics culture.
- Training & Documentation - Provide training to the organization. Maintain documentation and governance for the global commercial APS organization.
- Industry Best Practices - Explore and evaluate new tools that could potentially bring value to the APS commercial organization's processes & analytical capabilities.
- Technology Implementation:
- Microsoft Azure, Applications & Power BI - Leverage full offering of Microsoft platforms to advance data processing, promote application utilization, and visualizations thru Power BI to advance commercial data analytics and decision making.
- Data Source Management - Collective organizational management of APS commercial data sources. Pursue adding seamless access to new data sources to increase data integration and drive cross data-source analysis; creating new business insights and visualizations.
- Software/Infrastructure - Manage and drive software & infrastructure requirements for the organization by understanding the business needs and working with IT & Digital Transformation team to enhance processing & analytical capabilities related to visualization applications, advanced analytics capabilities, commercial data storage, metadata management, etc.
- Bachelor's degree required in a quantitative field (such as: Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, MIS), with Business emphasis preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience:
- Implementing business driven data analytic initiatives to strategically combine business needs with data analytics to solve business problems.
- Data source management, analytics modeling, and visualization experience.
- Change management orientation and project execution skills across multiple functions and organizations.
- Experience working with commercial organizations to drive business performance through data analytic and applications.
- Microsoft Azure applications & Power BI experience strongly preferred.
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston