The Nature's Bounty Co. is a privately held, global leader in health and wellness with a rich history and proven track record in the nutritional market. As a manufacturer, marketer and online seller of vitamins, dietary supplements, minerals, herbals, protein bars and powders, and ethical beauty products, our purpose is to create a happier, healthier world using the power of science and nature. The brands of The Nature's Bounty Co. are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Pure Protein®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx® and Ester-C®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Nature’s Bounty Co. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Manager of Global Technical Accounting & Reporting is a key member of the accounting team who supports the financial reporting department and the preparation of quarterly and annual reporting. In addition, this role supports the Corporate Accounting and global businesses within the Company by supporting the month end close, sharing knowledge and providing technical accounting research and guidance. This role will report to the Director of Global Technical Accounting and Reporting and drive improved controls and efficiencies in the reporting process.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the execution of the monthly, quarterly and annual close processes including completing reconciliations, escalation and resolution of issues, and meeting all associated deadlines
- Oversees the global financial reporting consolidation process ensuring financial statements are complete and accurate
- Support the implementation of the new systems, including a cash application and deduction management SaaS system.
- Prepare and review financial statement disclosures and other internal and external facing materials
- Support financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements
- Spearhead cross-functional projects with domestic and international counterparts
- Support the accurate and timely preparation and delivery of all regular and ad hoc management reports
- Interpret U.S. GAAP accounting standards and SEC guidance to determine the accounting and financial reporting treatment for new, material, and/or complex, unusual transactions or agreements
- Collaborate on implementations of new accounting standards and updates to current policies, including the adoption of ASC 842 and ASC 326
- Author technical accounting memorandums for significant transactions and provide guidance to other members of the Finance team
- Provide interpretation of new and proposed accounting pronouncements to assist stakeholders in assessing financial, operational and reporting implications
- Lead the development and standardization of global accounting policies
- Collaborate with various stakeholders including Business Development and Legal to support due diligence, and provide accounting guidance and insight around proposed transactions
- Special Projects as assigned