LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
This position leads the Turnaround and Capital teams.Roles & Responsibilities
* Responsible for developing the integration, coordination, and communication required among all internal and external resources to ensure outage project interests and expectations remain in focus and consistently achieve results.
* Works with all management teams to ensure consistency in the outage/project process implementation and systematic execution of all activities within events.
* Works with Internal & External Benchmarking entities to ensure success. Assist in PM's Gate Review process
* Ownership of the Capital best practices and work process
* Provide progress reporting to leadership for outage improvement program and status of key individual events.
* Facilitate knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learned among projects. Standardize communication tools (e.g. progress reports, meetings, etc.) to ensure leadership is informed in order to make key decisions in a timely manner. Identify event cost, schedule, and other tools that assist in developing leading indicators and measures
* Ensures the estimates are reviewed for completeness and reasonable basis that supports the events scope
* Ensures the development of the project controls work processes and that the team is trained in project controls function
* Ensure the development of tools, matrices, and format for tracking, trending, forecasting, and archiving of cost/schedule information
* Drive alignment and accountability of the steering teams and core teams.
* Review/update with operations the 5 - 10 year TA schedule
* Facilitate the continuous improvement of the turnaround results as a system The budget forecast variance is within +/- 10%.
* Engineering degree and 15 years of relevant experience in the petroleum or chemical industry
* Formal supervision training and experience
* The ability to teach, influence, and encourage others
* Experience implementing best practices work process across an organization
* Scheduling experience
* Project Controls experience
* Demonstrated leadership in developing, implementing, and sustaining process changes to improve performance.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston