Title: Back End Developer
Location: Boulder, CO
Type: Direct Hire/FTE
Our Client is a powerful feedback and data insights platform that empowers the world's top to make informed decisions. Their SaaS platform offers user-friendly data collection tools for understanding customers, markets, and employees in real time and communicating this information across an organization. It provides data insights in over 205 countries, with 50K new surveys created and 5M responses collected every week.
The engineering team is continually growing and evolving to develop the next generation of their platform and expanding their capabilities with new integrations, additional data analytics capabilities and machine learning. Their platform is built on AWS is evolving with new MicroServices and VueJS front end apps.
Are you looking for a new challenging opportunity where you can make a real impact and help to develop new innovations in data collection and data analytics? They work with a host of AWS Services, Docker, ElasticSearch, MySQL, Redis, PHP, Laravel/Lumen, Node.js, Express, Vue, Jest, ES6, Saas, Webpack and more. Join our collaborative and fun team of web application developers and help us build the future of insights software!
How you'll spend your days:
- Collaborate with a team of developers to architect, build and maintain features to enhance our existing platform
- Work within our agile process; a hybrid of lean, kanban, and scrum
- Follow our branching strategy and process, utilizing git for code versioning
- Write tested, high quality, performant, and efficient code that follows best practices (test-driven development of code that meets compliance and security standards)
- Perform code reviews, share knowledge, and grow your technical knowledge
- Provide insight into milestones and breakdown requirements into actionable tasks
What it takes to be successful on our team:
- At least 5 years of professional experience – preferably in a SaaS company
- Programming experience using a variety of technologies, languages and tools
- Understanding of Amazon Web Services and Web Application Security
- The ability to self-manage their time, tasks, and priorities
- Confident humility. Use their knowledge to collaborate with others
- A passion for delivering well-architected performant software that is easy to maintain
Our team members enjoy:
- Competitive compensation package and full suite of benefits - Up to 6% 401k match and the office is closed the week of Christmas!
- Great Boulder location, with easy access to Pearl St, the Turnpike, and the Diagonal
- Environment where you are empowered to make positive change, and can see your impact
- Learning new skills at catered lunch and learn sessions
- Great collaborative team and open environment
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Discounts for 24 hour fitness and CO athletic club
- Commuter and wellness reimbursements (an allowance towards those expenses QTRLY)
- Free parking
- Casual dress
- Bring your dog to work
- CO giving day match
- Bike to Work options (racks, locks, etc.)
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!