**No Corp to Corp - candidates must be open to transferring work visa to TEKsystems**
This will be a 2-3 year contract.
Will eventually need to sit onsite in Rensselaer, New York.
Top Required Skills:
1. Experience with the full WebSphere family of middleware infrastructure (WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Portal Server, WebSphere Process Server, WebSphere MQ).
2. Experience working with large applications. Our client has over 500 servers (100 Microsoft/ 400 redhat). Ideal candidate will have worked with a minimum 50
3. Ensures installation, configurations, and maintenance procedures of all changes to middleware infrastructure are of highest quality and capable of meeting all client SLAs.
Our client is looking for an experienced Middleware Architect/System Administrator with a strong SOA / RHEL background to play a key role in their critical project.
As a Middleware Architect / Systems administrator, you will be responsible for the design, installation, monitoring and tuning of a wide variety of middleware products in a Websphere/ RHEL / VMWare environment. Duties will include requirements definition, technical solution/design, project plan development as well as hands on installation, maintenance and support tasks.
* Work with the database, middleware, and infrastructure teams to ensure a complete understanding of the technical environment
* Responsible for middleware installation, monitoring, troubleshooting, and identifying performance improvements.
* Administers a wide variety of middleware components in a 24/7/365 high availability client environment. Responsibility includes Production and development team support to include monitoring, troubleshooting, and triage.
* Installs, configures, and maintains the WebSphere family of middleware infrastructure (WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Portal Server, WebSphere Process Server, WebSphere MQ).
* Ability to create project plans for product installations and upgrades
* Installs, configures, and maintains Mulesoft Anypoint platform.
* Ensures installation, configurations, and maintenance procedures of all changes to middleware infrastructure are of highest quality and capable of meeting all client SLAs.
* Installs patches associated with middleware upgrades and updates. Packages, deploys applications, migrates, performance tunes, troubleshoots and resolves application services, maintains security, and automates routine procedures through scripting.
* Strong communication and collaboration skills. Ability to work with developers, system administrators and DBAs to ensure middleware solutions meet requirements
* Performs complex systems administration. Monitors and tunes appropriate systems to ensure optimum level of performance.
* Collects and reviews system data for capacity and planning purposes. Analyzes capacity data and develops capacity plans for appropriate level enterprise-wide systems.
* Experience in developing appropriate monitoring and alerting processes within the mid-tier environment
* Experience developing custom operation scripts for day-to-day Websphere/JBoss operations
* Experience configuring/supporting Mulesoft, Alfresco, Jaeger framework desired
* Self starter, takes initiative to uncover and resolve issues in order to promote a culture of continuous improvement
* Able and willing to participate in 7x24 on call support as required
* Ability to interact with team and client staff and remain calm under pressure
* Working knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint MS Project, and Visio
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
* 10 or more years of experience in working and leading middleware teams in high-volume a mission critical environment
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.