As a Middleware Administrator, you will work closely with your team to support an enterprise-level project that gathers claims data for groups to provide a better understanding of health trends and member coaching to ultimately drive cost savings. You will support the claims software environment and will need to be versed in Linux administration, IBM Infosphere and have experience with Container Orchestration, specifically OpenShift. Additionally, a positive attitude, a self-learner, and resourcefulness are important soft skills needed for this opportunity.
If you are looking for a great opportunity to learn within a large health insurance environment, keep reading and apply!
- Experience in Linux Administration
- Experience in Container Orchestration, i.e. OpenShift
- IBM Infosphere Datastage Administration experience
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred
- Manage the script that builds/repairs required DataStage Projects, directories, and links.
- Initial install configurations requested by various teams.
- Manage the script that stops/starts/restarts the InfoSphere applications.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Apply the initial configuration to utilize AD groups, WebSphere Federated repository, and web services.
- Apply CDFTP and ESP configurations supporting remote executed DataStage Jobs and manage IBM tickets as they come in.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted IT Teams.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Experienced with Red Hat/Linux operating systems server builds, patching in VMWARE and physical server environment.
- Create and maintain Systems Administration Procedures & Processes documents.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
Company Info and perks:
The largest provider of healthcare benefits in Alabama, our client covers more than 3 million people and employs more than 3,000. With flex hours, on-site cafeteria, wellness center and gym, you expect a stable, motivational environment. If you're looking for training, education, and mentorship-level support; stability in your career; and exposure to core technologies to give your skillset a backbone, this opportunity is for you!
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.