SkillStorm is seeking a Middleware Administrator for one of our clients. This resource can sit in Charlotte, NC or Plano, TX.
- Providing middleware administration duties for channels, fraud, banking center, and online banking platforms, end-to-end, including WebSphere, jBoss, Apache, IBM HTTP Server, and WXS (extreme scale cache).
- Delivering middleware enterprise projects and regulatory legislative initiatives
- Ensuring production stability from an ongoing support standpoint.
- Ensuring middleware platforms are patched with the most current version of software, helping to manage risk to the customer.
- Providing WebSphere Application Server administration that includes server installation, configuration, performance tuning and production support.
- Working with customers (application teams and/or testing teams) on a daily basis and providing WebSphere and Java support.
- Serving as a J2EE architect and making recommendations on J2EE best practices in application development.
- Designing WebSphere infrastructure and WebSphere topology design for high availability and failover capability.
- Providing technical consultation to other team members and their supported areas.
- Communicating with business partners at an enterprise level.
- Interfacing with internal customers and external vendors for consultation at various points of the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Executing production changes for client integrated and regulatory releases with precision.
Required Skills and Experience:
- WebSphere/jBoss/IBMHttpServer/Apache Middleware administration
- Knowledge of shell, python and Perl scripting
- Information Technology professional with 5-7 years’ experience.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bladelogic toolset expertise
- Expertise with AppDynamics
- Java/Container framework knowledge
- Expertise with Ansible