SkillStorm is seeking a Middleware Engineer for our client in Charlotte, North Carolina. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position.
Job Description and Essential Functions:
- Leads and/or participates in the design, development, and implementation of complex system engineering activities involving cross-functional technical support, systems programming and data center capabilities.
- Responsible for components of highly complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities.
- Establishes input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility, coordination of subsystems design, and integration of total system.
- Viewed as a technology subject matter expert; able to provide and communicate complex technology solutions across differing audiences including technical, managerial, business executives, and/or vendors.
- Will have responsibility for multiple, complex projects; will direct activities of teams related to special initiatives or operations and may have direct reports.
- Leads the resolution process for complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
- The Systems Engineer will be responsible for leading multiple projects on the Technology Infrastructure team within a complex financial organization.
- The middleware team is responsible for managing a distributed architecture framework hosting mission critical J2EE internet & intranet applications.
- The ideal candidate will have a background in technical infrastructure management and engineering, with a history of hands-on experience.
- Knowledge of CI/CD with Ansible, Jython, Python, Github, etc
- Strong written and oral communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Be able to manage multiple complex technical projects
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes
- Knowledge of Hardware Infrastructure, Local Area Networks, and System Development Life Cycle
- Strong background in WebSphere/Weblogic, Unix, J2EE knowledge (Java, JSP’s, Servlet, EJB, JMS, MQ etc)
- Strong knowledge of: Web Servers, Web Server load balancing (GTM/LTM)
- Weblogic, Websphere, Jboss, Python/Jython