One of our top clients in the Chicagoland area has an immediate need for a Middleware Specialist that will be responsible for Designing and develop new technology platforms on traditional on-site VMs, private cloud (Pivotal) and public cloud (Azure, AWS).
The Middleware Specialist will manage technology platforms' products' life cycle - patches and upgrades.
Other responsibilities include
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems on technology platforms.
- Enhance technology stack by building new capabilities and automation.
- Provide technology guidance to Business Units. Engage on application projects and fulfill platform team's SDLC responsibilities which include environment provisioning, functional and load test support, performance tuning and validation of standards compliance.
- Provide necessary documentation, knowledge transfer and oversight to the 24x7 support team to enable sustaining support. Act as the last level of escalation on production incidents.
- Collaborate with Infrastructure teams to facilitate life cycle activities on network, OS, database and messaging systems.
- Handle occasional off-hours support escalations and project work in maintenance windows.