We work with companies that offer environments for our employees to contribute, learn, and advance their career. We treat you like you are part of the family.
Job Title: Mobile Building Engineer
Work Location: Columbus, OH
Duration: 7 month contract with option to extend or hire
Education/Experience Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of four years of related experience and/or trade school training; Universal CFC certification required.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
- Utilizes advanced skills to perform complex preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, vehicles, equipment and grounds.
- Working under limited supervision, monitors building system operations and performance.
- Utilizes several trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling.
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety.
- Inspects building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves environmental conditions prescribed by client.
- Oversees and inspects the work performed by outside contractors.
- Contracted work includes landscaping, snow removal, remodeling, HVAC, plumbers, and cleaning.
- Performs assigned repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance.
- Completes maintenance and repair records as required.
- Reviews assigned work orders.
- Estimates time and materials needed to complete repair.
- Orders necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
- Maintains an energy management program to ensure measures are taken to operate all systems in the most efficient manner to keep operating costs at a minimum.
- Maintains the building lighting system, including element and ballast repairs or replacements.
- Performs welding, carpentry, furniture assembly and locksmith tasks as needed.
- Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned. No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
- May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance and/or training to coworkers.
- May coordinate work and assign tasks.
- Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines.
- Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
Skills & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of four years of related experience and/or trade school training.
- Universal CFC certification required.
- Additional certification in one or more of the following: electrical, mechanical, HVAC and refrigeration systems, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, painting, plumbing, carpentry or engine repair.
- Certifications/licenses as may be required by local or state jurisdictions.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
- Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.
- Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation where only limited standardization exists.
- Requires intermediate analytical skills.
- Uses personal computer and / or PDA for work order system, email, ESS and training. Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook.
- Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift / carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more.