MODEL BASED DESIGN ENGINEER, CAMBRIDGE, MA
Our client in the Aerospace and Aviation industry is seeking an experienced software engineer to work within a world-class team designing, developing, and flight-testing high integrity and mission-critical onboard software for UAV systems.
This position designs and develops high integrity flight and mission-critical onboard software for UAV systems and delivers integrated and tested software in the unmanned aerospace system markets. The main purpose of this position is to shape the requirements, design and implement target hardware software, fully integrate and test software and support flight testing. This position generates software with a high degree of safety-critical rigor.
- Define, analyze and review system & software requirements to meet defined and anticipated customer needs and system quality and performance standards.
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines in planning, design and development of systems to ensure software and hardware performance and compatibility
- Design software architecture and interfaces and implement functionality, typically using a model-based approach. Additional activities may involve developing in C/C++, Java and other programming languages.
- Write test plans and test cases, conduct unit-, integration-, and system-level testing.
- B.S. in Mechanical/Computer/Electrical Engineering or applicable engineering or science field, Master's degree preferred.
- Must have at least one year of demonstrated, hands-on professional experience in at least one, ideally a combination, of the following areas:
- Model-based design and/or test using the Simulink/Stateflow tool chain.
- Software development in a relevant subject matter area: UAS or other robotic system guidance, navigation and control; ground- or airborne mission systems; general aerospace flight control or cockpit avionics systems; ground stations; payload control.
- Development/operations of hardware-in-the-loop simulators, conducting testing and troubleshooting of HW/SW interfaces.
- Open Architecture oriented systems applied to complex aerospace or military systems (C2, payload data, etc.)
- Demonstrated capability to have personally developed (i.e. modeled or written) safety-critical aircraft software design with the past 24 months.
- Must be willing to work under, and help refine, a defined software development process.
- Engineers considered for a lead position must have demonstrated deliveries in an equivalent position.
- Work experience or internship with developing production software in an autonomous vehicle or robotics environment.
- Operating in a regulated development environment, like CMMI (level 3 or higher) or DO-178C.
- Using the IBM DOORS Requirements Management software.
- Using Mathworks Simulink/Stateflow to develop auto-generated production code.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.