Position requires a solid knowledge of principles of graphic and visual design. Excellent ability to collaborate, communicate, problem solve, create motion graphics and edit video. An understanding of the design process, experience with video workflow and organization, typography, and fluent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite. Aesthetic sensibility and knowledge of design fundamentals are key. Able to work in all areas of graphic design including page layout, web design, presentation design, image/photo-editing, and vector-based graphic design. Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work within a team environment, as well as work with Subject Matter Experts. Design work will include motion graphics, videos, website design (UX/UI), print collateral, and presentations/decks, as well as the development, maintenance, and production of brochures, branding, advertisements, posters, flyers, technical charts, and proposal elements. Work may include update and maintenance of CALIBRE’s social media accounts.
Must be able to work closely and directly with corporate and project staff to recommend relevant designs based on unique requirements. May be required to work directly with a CALIBRE clients. Applicant must be capable to work on multiple projects under tight deadlines and must demonstrate initiative and problem-solving abilities. He/she must be able to grasp CALIBRE business operations and philosophies.
- Prepare design plan, concept and layout for motion graphic project.
- Design and create enticing motion graphics for video deliverables (corporate videos, eLearning, websites, marketing demos, etc.)
- Create and deliver motion graphics on various media platforms including web, mobile, etc.
- Work with art and creative teams to understand project scope and objectives.
- Assist in selecting audio, video, colors, animation, etc. for graphic design.
- Film and edit raw video footage and add effects/elements to enhance motion graphics.
- Research and analyze best design techniques and solutions to create motion graphics.
- Assist in designing and creating storyboards.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to share new design perspective and ideas.
- Maintain and follow best practices for versioning control, naming conventions, and organizations of graphic files.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about latest graphic design techniques.
- Ensure compliance with company guidelines, deadlines, and design standards.
- Quickly translate team and client feedback into revised designs or concepts
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree in Motion Design, Graphic Design, Communication Design, Computer Animation, Interface Design, Interaction Design, Film and Television or equivalent experience (Other education, commensurate experience and demonstrated ability of individual may be substituted.)
- Typography-in-motion skills
- Extremely strong motion and visual sensibilities, ability to use motion and visual thinking, storyboards, and communication design to create engaging designs
- Working Knowledge of CSS, HTML 5, and CMS
- Deep understanding of fundamental visual design disciplines (typography, iconography, composition, color, composition, layout, etc.)
- Outstanding collaboration, conceptual, artistic, and technical skills
- Meticulous sense of detail and ability to seek out simple solutions to complex design challenges.
- Ability to approach a project from multiple angles and offer a variety of solutions
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail
- Ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment.
Proficiency with After Effects (expert level), Photoshop, Illustrator, and all related business and design tools; minimally familiarity with an editorial program such as Final Cut or Premiere.
CALIBRE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports transitioning service members, veterans and individuals with disabilities. We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package. To be considered, please apply via our website at www.calibresys.com. Come join our dynamic team!