Provide monitoring and alert management support for the Network Operation Center (NOC) by completing ongoing daily monitoring updates using established NOC monitoring systems to ensure the stability of all Securus platforms.
- Provide support and ongoing daily monitoring updates to the SolarWinds Orion Application suite and other NOC monitoring systems to support all Securus server and application monitoring
- Work with business owners and stakeholders to ensure proper monitoring is in place for all Securus platforms
- Complete version upgrades and hot fix/patch installations to the SolarWinds Orion Application suite and other NOC monitoring systems as recommended by the vendor
- Engage vendor technical support or other appropriate groups to resolve any issues related to the performance of the SolarWinds Orion Application suite or other NOC monitoring systems
- Stay current with product offerings and new functionalities offered by monitoring system vendors
- Assume additional NOC responsibilities as needed in the event of unavailable NOC personnel, service outage or other emergency situations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Manage the SolarWinds Network Management Suite of products (NPM, SAM, NCM)
- Understand and Implement SNMP based network monitoring
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills; able to develop and use structured approaches to identify root causes and recommend resolutions; can present results in a meaningful terms.
- Utilize time management skills to complete multiple projects/tasks in a timely fashion
- Communicate effectively to all levels of management.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5 Years of industry experience
- 5 years of Network Operations experience
- Experience with using and configuring NOC based applications (network monitoring applications, ticketing systems)
- Experience as first level network troubleshooting and first level server support
- Experience with Perl scripting (or other scripting & or programming languages).
- Experience with writing SQL queries.
- Cisco certifications (CCENT or above) , Microsoft MTA or other Industry certifications (CompTIA, Linux)
- Prior experience working in an IT Operations environment.
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral computer tools. May be required to lift up to 25 pounds. It is the Company’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals. Securus will not discriminate against any associate or qualified job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of that person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected under local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.