The Nagios Systems Engineer role support in a SecDevOps delivers and supports large scale-network, systems, applications, services, and business activity monitoring and alerting solutions. The positions involves the deployment and support of tools used to monitor network, systems, and applications. This position will work with team member to gather and vet monitoring requirements from stakeholders (customers and teammates), and deliver solutions leveraging Nagios and other enterprise monitoring tools.
- Work to build, redesign and implement progressive monitoring strategies that meet evolving and dynamic requirements.
- Create and drive strategy and standardization of monitoring across identified networks, systems and applications.
- Collect metrics at the optimal frequency to support the develop alerting and reporting analysis
- Support the analysis and remediation advanced systems on Linux and Windows
- Perform automation and ad hoc tasks through scripting and testing. Perform system prototyping of features through hands-on design and development implementation tasks.
- Create and maintain dashboards pulling together monitoring across multiple teams within the same and differing tools.
- Experience supporting and working in Agile environment
- Experience monitoring SMTP, POP3, HTTP and other common protocols.
- Experience providing technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Experience with Nagios monitoring applications and capabilities (i.e.: XI, CORE, NRPE).
- Experience with other monitoring and related applications such as SolarWinds, New Relic and Service Now
- Experienced with developing, modifying scripts for application execution for automated and ad hoc requirements.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- An active TS/SCI with Polygraph is required for this position
- Requires Bachelors with 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 of prior relevant experience.
Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
- Experience working on ODNI systems
- Understanding of ODNI system development policies