Sirius Technical Services is seeking a skilled Naval Project Engineer for a large client in Amelia, LA.
Liaison between production and engineering – will be the project engineer for Amelia facility. Will work directly with production. Well versed in marine industry. Solution oriented person.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Project Engineer manages all facets of the engineering design of a project to include communication and coordination with outside engineering firms and working with Production, Program Managers, Customers, Estimating, and Sales to develop drawings and specifications, manage technical/design issue resolution, as well as manage Engineering product development and issuance according to defined project schedules.
Duties and responsibilities:
Responsibilities and duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Participate in project kick-off meetings to review schedule, build strategy, and project specific information.
• Develop and maintain project Document Logs, Requirement Matrices and ensure proper distribution of Design Documents.
• Perform field engineering tasks (e.g., as-built surveys, interference resolution, etc.) as required.
• Write and review system/equipment specifications, perform systems/equipment and vendor evaluations.
• Prepare, revise, and/or review technical manuals, engineering operating procedures, instructions, specifications, drawings, standards and documentation for cognizant equipment and systems.
• Conduct design reviews and manage subcontract and internal engineering activities.
• Interact with project management and project engineers in support of project requirements.
• Ability to support the Production Craft concerning technical issues.
Naval architect would be ideal!!
5-10 years’ experience.
The following qualifications and knowledge are necessary to successfully perform this job:
• Comprehensive knowledge of ship design principles, shipbuilding and/or manufacturing operations.
• Good leadership and management skills.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to read and write effectively, speak with clarify and listen actively.
• Ability to adapt to situations while maintaining the highest level of efficiency and professionalism.
• Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Knowledge of federal regulations (USCG), international rules (SOLAS) and classification society rules (ABS).
Education and/or Experience:
The following are required for this position:
• Engineering degree is required.
• 5 to 9 years of Engineering experience is required.
• Shipyard experience with new-build vessel construction, upgrades, and conversations ore repairs.
• Technical writing skills.
• Competency with Microsoft Office Tools and Software.
If you're interested and think you would be a great fit for what we're looking for, please send your resume to Steve St. John for further consideration: [email protected]