Senior NetApp Administrator
Our client is looking for an experienced NetApp Administrator to work within our Infrastructure project team. The right candidate has experience maintaining enterprise data storage strategies across multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux) in an enterprise environment. You will be a key member of our team - participating in critical meetings to understand storage resource requirements as well as organizing and scheduling maintenance following an ITIL based change management process. Responsibilities include:
- Supports NetApp storage solutions across multiple clusters.
- Manages data shares (NFS and CIFS) across Linux and Windows hosts.
- Ensures successful operation of hardware and software systems required to support LAN and WAN operations.
- Installs new software releases, conducts system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches, and resolves software related problems.
- Performs system backups and recovery.
- Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity and system stability.
- Gathers and analyzes statistical data related to networks, application, and storage.
- Hardens systems in accordance with STIGs.
- Designs, implements, and manages Storage Area Networks (SAN).
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology-related discipline, OR four (4) years of equivalent, relevant experience can be substituted for degree. Minimum ten (10) years of experience related to job responsibilities.
- Qualifying 8570 Baseline Certification for IAT Level II (e.g. CompTIA Security+).
- Minimum Secret clearance with SSBI is required or TS.
Place of Performance: Norfolk Naval Shipyard - Portsmouth, VA