Our Client is seeking a highly motivated, flexible, organized, and detail-oriented NetApp Backup Systems Engineer. The ideal candidate shall provide network services to approximately 2,500 customers. Provide Network Engineer/Implementation Support in a production 24x7 environment, with rotating on-call duties. This includes work on nights and weekends to provide operations support and accommodate customer needs for off-hours maintenance completion.
- Engineer, implement, configure, optimize, troubleshoot and resolve, test, maintain, and upgrade the platforms used to support the Software Infrastructure Services Disaster Recovery Solution.
- Ensure all systems that are backed up by the platform meet client's recovery point objective of 24 hours (or other documented recovery point objectives) for data protection. The data to be backed up include Physical Servers (Windows/Linux) using software such as Veritas Netbackup and virtual machines using Netapp snapshot technology (with Virtual Storage Console from Netapp Integration).
- Ensure data that is tagged to be replicated between sites is completed nightly.
- Ensure that nearline backups such as Snapvaults are completed successfully on a night basis.
- Ensure that tape backup via agent-based backups and NDMP based backups are completed on time.
- Manage tape changes including managing the tape rotation for onsite and offsite tapes.
- Ensure pickup and drop off of tapes from offsite storage provider are successful.
- Provide reports to prove recovery point objectives have been met.
- Coordinate tape receipt and restores of data for customers per SLA's of 8 hours (for any data not housed at offsite storage facility), and log appropriately.reate and manage backup policies.
- Develop and maintain SOPs.
- Conduct inventory of hardware/software and licenses.
- Provide storage infrastructure support for data replication to the Government-designated Disaster Recovery site for requested applications.
- Notify customer of any data losses or potential for risk of data loss or compromise (e.g., lost backup tape, damaged backup tape, operational errors, PII/PHI).
- Decommission media in accordance with customer's policies and procedures.
- Test end-to-end system recovery process and remediate flaws.
- Accurately update comments and status to tickets via ticketing system.
- Participate in on-call activities.
- Document activities of the as-is environment. Log failures and exceptions using defined methods
- Provide services remotely in the event Government offices are closed.
- Work on scheduled maintenances, service-affecting activities and contingency work outside of regular business hours.
- Provision storage and assign backup policies using established procedures and more efficiently through building new procedures
- Ensure all vulnerabilities are resolved prior to server delivery.
- Perform hardware Adds/Moves/Changes for hosting infrastructure (Servers and SAN). Update Rack elevation drawings on a quarterly basis
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or related subject, and 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to support in a 24x7 On-call duties.
- CCNA/VMWare/AWS or relevant certification preferred.
- NetApp experience. Experience in utilizing NetApp SAN infrastructure and uses the following capabilities: deduplication, Snapshots using Snap Manager for Virtual Infrastructure/Virtual Storage Console, Snap Drive, Snap Manager for SQL Server.
- Experience in using SnapMirror and SnapVault
- Experience in using Veritas Netbackup
- Experience in using Red Hat Linux and CentOS Linux systems
- Experience in performing patch management using Lumension/HEAT Patch Management
- Experience in using What's Up Gold and Splunk
- Excellent customer interface skills.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Public Trust background security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information. US Citizens preferred.