View more Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
NetApp Storage Engineer
Security Clearance required: Interim Secret or Secret
US Citizenship Required
Location: Quantico, VA
Position Summary: The NetApp Storage Engineer will provide storage engineering support and administration for the various systems and servers within the data centers at MCU.
- Will work on the systems team that is responsible for installation, management, monitoring, and secureing system operations technologies such as physical and virtual server platforms, storage systems (e.g., NetApp Data OnTap 9.x NAS/SAN), etc.
- Execute FC zoning for development and production storage volumes.
- Manage NetApp snapshot as well as recovery methods for storage volumes.
- Execute across-site replication of significant DR data.
- Supervise volume replication overnight jobs and execute improvements.
- Provide architecture as well as performance recommendations.
- Conduct bottleneck evaluation to identify performance issues.
- Ensure backup methods are tested and in place.
- Develop and maintain records for entire storage as well as FC systems.
- Administer entire server system
- Will be required to lift, install, configure and set-up Hard Disk shelves onsite at the MCU datacenter (must be able to lift up to 100lbs)
- US Citizenship is a requirement of this position in accordance with 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(2)(C)
- Must have DOD 8570 compliant certification (IAT Level II or Higher), such as Security+ CE
- A broad technical skill set is crucial to being successful in this position.
- Must have a general knowledge of systems and network technologies
- Experience with Windows Servers 2008 R2/2012/2012 R2/2016 desired
- NetApp NAS/SAN configuration and deployment experience required
- Some experience working within a virtualized environment is desired
- Familiar with VMWare, Hyper-V or other virtualization software desired
- Experience with Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Experience with a scripting language (BAT, Powershell, VBS, etc) is desireable
- Experience with Microsoft, Unix/Linux (Specifically RedHat 7), Mac OS operating systems is desirable
- Experience in Government IT systems desired
- Strong team player; self-assured, confident, and goal-oriented.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and delegate effectively.
- Ability to solve problems and translate policies into daily routine operations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Technology industry
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, this position requires the ability to work long hours standing in a datacenter environment and lifting 100 lbs. Hearing sufficient to understand conversations, both in person and on the telephone. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components for potentially long periods of time without experiencing abnormal hand, wrist, or eye strain. Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings. Lifting and transporting moderately heavy to heavy objects, such as disk shelves, computers and peripherals. Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Work Environment: Includes a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, including exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions, and occasional environmental hazards. Local, regional, and national travel may be required.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
AD&D and Life Insurance
Paid Federal Holidays
Paid Time Off
401(k) Retirement Plan
View More Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.