Job Title: NetApp System Administrator III
Location: Houston TX
Description: Client has an outstanding reputation in the industry for process driven methodology and for being on the cutting edge of Technology and Security.
Client is seeking an IT System Administrator to provide operational support of Subsurface Storage systems within the ETC Business Unit in Houston, TX. The Storage System Admin will have the opportunity to support high-end technical infrastructure for Geological & Geographical (G&G) applications and visualization. The position has the potential to continuously extend.
High School/GED required
- 5-7 years of NetApp Storage system administration and maintenance experience/Level 3 NetApp Storage system experience and support required.
- Linux System administration experience required.
- Experience administering and managing NetApp versions Data ONTAP, 7 mode, and Cluster Mode (C Mode) required.
- High Performance Computing (HPC) cluster, storage, and network environments required.
- College degree preferred.
- Provide consulting and support for Advanced Computing solutions across Client, including High Performance Computing (HPC) cluster, storage, and network environments; high-end technical infrastructure for Geological & Geographical (G&G) applications and visualization; and enterprise Data Science and Data Analytics platform solutions.
- Design, deploy, and manage servers, storage, and networks specific to the Advanced Computing needs of ETC and Upstream.
- Deliver solutions incorporating technologies including clustering, virtualization, and parallel storage.
- Perform provisioning, monitoring, maintenance, and other processes.
- Consult with internal geophysical and reservoir engineering teams on critical services and research projects. Provide ongoing improvement of support processes.
- Ensure solutions align with vision, principles, architecture, and standards.
- Ensure information protection and security.
- Maintain and execute BCP and DR (business continuity and disaster recovery) plans.
- Evaluate and recommend system upgrades and capacity adjustments.
- The ideal candidate will have strong Linux/Unix and NetApp storage system administration and maintenance experience.
- Solaris or Windows Sysadmin experience will NOT be considered.