SkillStorm is seeking a Network / System Engineer for one of our clients in Jacksonville, FL.
- The Application Performance Management Tools team under Operational Intelligence seeks a strong engineer with diverse skills and engineering experience with a variety of applications.
- Key responsibilities include implementing, administering, managing, troubleshooting and supporting some of the industry’s leading third-party monitoring tools, for our banking and investment web sites and mobile Apps.
- This is an engineering position, not a development or monitoring position.
- The right individual will serve as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; provides tech knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor.
- Will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations.
- 5 or more years’ Linux experience
- Diverse and hands-on engineering and troubleshooting skills
- Understanding how different components in a web system fit together and affect each other, including software, hardware, and networking
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Understanding of data encryption, including SSL/TLS/PFS and various cyphers
- Knowledge of digital certificates, keys, keystores, and certificate authorities and how they work.
- Self-motivated individual that can operate independently, own deliverables end-to-end, and overcome obstacles to achieve end-results with minimal supervision
- Good communication and project management skills
- Hybrid mobile applications experience
- Experience working in a multi-data center, J2EE environment
- Experience with real-user, network or other monitoring tools
- Windows Server
- Java application hosting
- Gigamon/Arista packet broker switches, HSMs and other network devices
- Experience with nosql data stores and tools, especially Cassandra, Elastic Search and/or Kibana
- Experience with change management and incident management tools and processes