SkillStorm is seeking a Network / System Engineer for one of our clients in Charlotte, NC.
- This is a great opportunity for a Systems Engineer to take their career to a whole new level and work with high profile financial data applications that are impacting mission critical Business, Operations & Regulatory/Compliance programs such as Real Time Payments, Digital Transformation, FDIC, Financial Crimes etc.
- This role is critical to deliver Authorized Data store for Global Banking Business providing key data & services to liquidity management, payments and receipts, trade and supply chain finance, foreign exchange and commercial card services to small businesses, middle market companies, and to multinational corporations, financial institutions and governments around the world.
- This is an opportunity to work in a fast paced forward looking group that can accelerate any Technology leader's career as we continue to expand our footprint around the world, our technology and most importantly expand our talent pool that allows us to always be on the cutting edge of innovation.
- This job requires someone who has a DevOps mindset and enthusiasm in playing a key role in both the current infrastructure processes tuning, DevOps automation and support system activities involved in the new data engineering initiatives.
- Identify and implement automation opportunities to improve and effectively attain the current SLA's for system administration activities.
- Will be involved in developing process improvements to embrace continuous integration and continuous delivery processes in an environment which has Autosys, Linux, Databases, Informatica, Hadoop and Elastic Search Clusters.
- Configuration Management experience with custom scripts or using Puppet, Ansible, etc.
- Troubleshoot system problems quickly and effectively.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical subjects or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience managing Linux Systems.
- Fluency in scripting using Bash, Python, Scala etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical subjects or equivalent combination of education and experience with 5 years of experience managing UNIX/Linux Systems.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience managing UNIX/Linux Systems.
- Experience in continuous integration/development using build tools like Jenkins etc.
- Strong knowledge of Linux / Unix operating systems
- Good expertise in scripting in shell, python, scala