The Network & Systems Administrator provides technical and administrative support for server, application and database infrastructure used in on-premise and cloud-based applications and services as well as campus network infrastructure used in WAN and wired/wireless LAN services. Under the direction of the IT Systems Architect, this individual is responsible for the installation, configuration, administration, security, backup, maintenance and troubleshooting of the campus network and server infrastructure including user accounts, group policies, servers, storage, databases, applications and cloud-based software and services, switches, routers and other network devices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot campus-wide enterprise IT infrastructure including Active Directory services, Group Policy, SQL services, Cloud-based services, wired and wireless LAN and WAN services, routers, switches, firewalls, access points, content filters, intrusion detection systems, etc.
- Configure, monitor and respond to network and server system logs, alerts, vulnerabilities, performance and utilization reports.
- Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Provide second level problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems in conjunction with the IT Service Desk team.
- Work independently and collaboratively to formulate and implement operational procedures to mitigate significant risks and solve complex problems, in the absence of a clear course of action.
- With other members of the team, implement and manage backup and disaster recovery systems.
- Write and maintain clear, thorough technical documentation and network infrastructure drawings.
- Coordinate, manage and oversee work by external technical support organizations and contracted assistance as necessary.