Responsible for, the build, support, administration, and optimization of the network and associated systems software and hardware. Designs, deploys, and troubleshoots small-scale network deployments. Conducts routine tests to ensure operability and security of the network. Identifies network needs and capabilities from an end-user perspective. Troubleshoots intermediary network problems and escalates large-scale network issues appropriately.
The resource will provide ongoing technical support and maintenance of production and development systems and software products (onsite) and for configured services running on various platforms (operating within a defined operating model and processes). The resource will provide hardware/software support and implement technology at the operating system-level across all server and network areas, and for software solutions/vendors/brands. Work includes Level 1 and Level 2 basic and intermediate level troubleshooting.
* Installs and supports LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
* Installs, configures, manages and maintains network infrastructure devices as well as all related hardware and software.
* Identifies network needs and capabilities from an end-user perspective.
* Monitors network to maintain integrity and security.
* Assigns configuration of authentication and authorization of active directory network services.
* Maintains network services such as VPN gateways, OSPF, BGP, IPv4/IPv6, GRE Tunnels and many more.
* Designs, deploys, and troubleshoots small-scale to medium data center network deployments.
* Conducts appropriate tests to ensure the proper working condition and security of developed and purchased network systems.
* Monitors network performance and performs intermediary network restoration/recovery actions.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications:
1 - Infrastructure Management Services (IMS) Strategy (P2 - Proficient)
2 - Network Infrastructure (P2 - Proficient)
3 - Network Performance Management (P2 - Proficient)
Preferred Skills and qualifications:
VMWare NSX management
Infoblox IPAM and DNS management
BGP Routing management
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related field or equivalent relevant experience. CCNA in Routing and Switching or Data Center
2-5 years of experience in network administration.
CCNP in Routing & Switching or Data Center preferred. CCNA in Routing and Switching or Data Center minimum. CCNP Routing and Switching
CCNP Data Center
F5 Networks certifications
Palo Alto Networks certifications
Other Job Specific Skills
- Maintains an up-to-date technical and practical knowledge and understanding of system testing and analysis.
* Maintains knowledge of backup/recovery practices.
* Experience with industry router configurations and switch configurations.
* Knowledge of, and the ability to practically apply, necessary testing, practices and procedures.
* Excellent oral and written communications skills are required as well as strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
* Advanced diagnostic, problem-solving and analytical skills.
* Strong technical knowledge of network, security and storage infrastructure including: local area networks, wide area networks, VPN, firewalls, routers, switches, load balancers, endpoint security and encryption, proxy servers, digital certificates, data center management and cabling standards.
* Excellent troubleshooting abilities through the use of techniques and methods which will isolate and identify faulty components or configurations within a system so that services can be quickly restored to normal levels of operation.
* Experience in troubleshooting network connectivity (LAN, WAN and VPN).