We are hiring a Network Architect/Administrator that demonstrates an expert knowledge of Active Directory administration and the designing, implementing and supporting PCI/NIST/PUB1075 environment. Must demonstrate an expert knowledge of DNS, DHCP, GPO, and Industry Leading PKI components. See Required Skills section for specifics. General duties include managing internal agency Domain Controllers for agency and branch offices, effectively researching and provide guidance leading to solutions with our strategic direction initiatives, monitoring Active Directory infrastructure and security, assisting in supporting disaster recover/failover scenarios.
This individual will need to work with Active Directory and SCCM group to understand requirements for this area. Under general supervision, the contractor will serve as an engineer reporting directly to a functional manager. Contractor will be a team member that ensures the stability and integrity of data, and server services through monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all server infrastructure. This individual has 24/7 on-call responsibilities shared with the group.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively interact and communicate with peer to Director-level IT professionals.
- Provide feedback to team regarding product issues, enhancements and new features.
- Must have initiative, drive and be a self-starter.
- Ability to ask pertinent questions of others.
- Proactively seek to identify, communicate and implement process related improvements.
- Effectively manage multiple tasks and activities concurrently and able to provide periodic status updates to key stakeholders
- Collaborate extensively with peers and management to resolve client issues while actively contributing to a growing knowledge network that improves the effectiveness of our team and the information available to our clients.
- Prioritize numerous issues of varying severity, and effectively manage the resolution of all issues within accepted service levels. This includes ownership of the data entered into the Helpdesk system and appropriately updating both client and appropriate employees of status of all issues on a timely basis.
- Good customer skills, be attentive to detail, and responsive to customer tickets.
- Troubleshoot and recommend technical solutions for customer issues related to backup configuration and
- Develop workaround solutions as appropriate.
- Perform equipment and software upgrades
- Maintain familiarity with current computer and network products
- Adhere to corporate information security guidelines and promote information security among coworkers
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.