Who We Are:
Our client in Raleigh, NC, is seeking a Network Automation Engineer to join our team! We are the network automation solution provider committed to helping clients improve operational efficiencies and their networks' reliability while reducing costs and allowing IT teams to deliver services faster.
We were founded on the belief that with a software-centric, programmatic approach to building, consuming, and operating IT infrastructure, enterprise and service provider organizations will recognize significant benefits and accelerate their digital transformation strategies.
What You'll Do:
* Understand and translate client requirements into strategic network automation solutions
* Translate manual workflows into detailed and low-level designs
* Build network automation solutions for clients
* Use network automation tools and technology that meet client requirements (Ansible, Python, pytest, NAPALM, NetBox, CI/CD, Networks as Code)
* Collaborate with other network automation engineers using Hangouts, Zoom, GitHub, and Slack
Preferred skills and experience
* Ability to break down complex concepts and present them in a clean and concise way
* Ability to travel to teach 6-8 times per year
* Comfortable doing their day to day development in a Linux environment
* Extensive experience with Ansible and/or Python automating networking devices
* Experience with Flask/Django for creating custom APIs
* Awareness of tools and libraries such as pytest, Nornir, Netmiko, NAPALM, Batfish, Salt, Robot Framework, and Forward Networks
* Familiar with CI/CD and how it could be applied to network automation
* Familiar with concepts around data management including Source of Truth strategy, NetBox, CMDB, and management of variables within YAML files
* Familiar with traditional Git workflows for working in a collaborative environment
* CCNP or equivalent networking knowledge
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.