View more Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
Security Clearance required: Secret
US Citizenship Required
Location: Monterey, CA
Position Summary: The role of the Network Engineer is to provide network security focused, technical, hands on, network architectural expertise to design, implement and manage a new network environment within a Security Operations Center.
- Evaluates, designs, documents, installs, implements, tests, and performs problem isolation and resolution.
- Monitors, tunes, sets standards, and maintains a range of computer network components and systems.
- Performs these functions across some, but not all, physical media, protocol stacks, hubs, routers, bridges, gateways, and network management components.
- Provides client consulting and training on the interface and use of the network facilities.
- Begins to plan research, evaluates and recommends new computer network equipment, and utilizes new technologies. Uses monitoring, performance analysis, network management, and software and hardware equipment to troubleshoot and isolate problems; gages network performance; and traces data and protocol activity.
- Devises solutions to operational problems within the capacity and operational limitations of installed equipment.
- Develops and executes contingency plans for network software and hardware failures including isolated and major outages.
- Provides internal consulting, technical guidance, information, and support to application developers, computer operations, workstation support, company management, and departmental clients.
- Provides front-line technical support for enterprise management, operations, engineering and security support services.
- Applies problem analysis and solving skills critical in identifying, resolving or escalating issues.
- Adapts to various types of situations, clients and tools.
- Serves as network POC for technical projects.
- Performs after-hours support (weekends, evenings) when required.
- US Citizenship is a requirement of this position in accordance with 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(2)(C)
- Must be certified in compliance with DOD 8570.01 IAT Level II (CySA+, Security+ CE, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP) or Higher
- One of the following Cisco certifications is strongly Desired: CCNA, CCNA Security, CCNP, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCDP, CCIE
- Extensive hands on experience with the following:
- IP network environment (Cisco routers, switches)
- Network monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Network security implementations (Palo Alto firewalls/access filters)
- Operating systems (primarily Windows; Linux a plus), hardware platforms, supporting software
- Producing detailed technical documentation, including network design documentation
- Participate in problem resolution efforts and provide value-added support to the team
- Communicate effectively with team members and internal and external customers, both verbally and in writing
- Working with remote access tools & implementations
- Troubleshooting circuits
- Working with Internet Service Providers (ISPs)
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, this position requires the ability to sit for potentially long periods of time throughout the workday. Hearing sufficient to understand conversations, both in person and on the telephone. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components for potentially long periods of time without experiencing abnormal hand, wrist, or eye strain. Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings. Lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: Includes a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, including exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions, and occasional environmental hazards. Local, regional, and national travel may be required.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
AD&D and Life Insurance
Paid Federal Holidays
Paid Time Off
401(k) Retirement Plan
View More Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+