Job Req: 20-04923
Job Title: Network Engineer- Data Center/ Cloud
Job Location: Cheyenne, WY
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Our enterprise telecom client is transforming the future of connectivity building Americas first virtualized, standalone 5G broadband network from scratch with the power to foster some of the fastest, most agile technologies ever conceived. Our teams operate at the intersection of invention and purpose. They’re uniquely positioned to effect change across industries spanning autonomous vehicles, smart communities, health care and agriculture well into the future. We’re looking for experienced network professionals to join their Wireless 5G Network Engineering Team.
The Network Engineer will join a team of other passionate engineers and bring a start-up spirit to design, evaluate, test, deploy, and optimize their future standalone 5G network. The candidate should also be innovative, analytical, a planner, have strong execution skills, and have the ability to learn, teach, and work in a team environment.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Design and engineering of effective and scalable network systems and solutions
- Participate in evaluation, testing, selection, and deployment of foundational network elements for a nationwide greenfield network buildout
- Ensure that solutions adhere to defined standards and best practices and/or assist in the development of these standards and best practices.
- Effectively communicate engineering solutions through detailed high and low level diagrams • Routinely research, analyze, test, retest, and troubleshoot complex problems
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, under pressure, with strict deadlines, both as an individual contributor and team player
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing while staying abreast of new technology/technical areas
- Provide advanced technical leadership for complex project work, including functional subsystem upgrades for mission-critical network devices and services as well as strategic upgrades to the network
- Design, plan, and implement complex Data Center and public cloud network configurations
- Supply advanced technical direction and leadership to the organization through the planning and implementation processes
- Establish requirements, provide analysis for network and services specifications, network design, network partitioning, and network architecture definition
- Provide advanced expertise in the development of network test, validation, and integration plans on projects, and assurance of network integrity
- Work independently with vendors to understand, test, and drive new innovative features
- Data Center network design and engineering
- Multi-site architecture, Spine/leaf configuration, VDCs, edge routing
- eBGP, iBGP, IS-IS, VRFs, and QoS
- Integration with public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Server virtualization - VMWare, Openstack
- Network Deployment and Operations Automation - Ansible, Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP)
- Network configuration automation (Scripting with Perl/Python/Bash) • IPv6 - SLAAC and DHCPv6
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) - Design and Traffic Engineering
- Solid Understanding of the OSI model, routing and switching protocols, network security, IPv4 and IPv6 networking, subnetting, and operational experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering preferred, or ten or more years of professional experience in large enterprise or carrier space
- Professional networking certifications a plus- CCNA/CCNP/CCIE or equivalent
- Public cloud certifications a plus - Advanced Networking, Cloud Network Engineer, or equivalent
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!