Job Description: Network Engineer - WAN
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Position Type: 6+ Month Contract
One of our clients for a reputable food chain based out of Oklahoma City, OK are looking for a Network Admin with strong WAN background to join as a Network Engineers for a 6+ month contract
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
Description of Project or Assignment:
The Network Engineering group is responsible for the configuration, maintenance, and administration of all components of the Client WAN and, in collaboration with the Architecture and Security teams, the design, careful planning, and deployment of networks and systems for brand. In this role, individuals will be asked to identify problems within the network and recommend solutions to solve current challenges, mitigate or prevent future problems from occurring, and help achieve business objectives. The position will also be responsible for the research and evaluation of network technologies that focus on enhancing reliability, increasing security, and decreasing complexity.
Goal of the position:
- Responsible for the continued evaluation and deployment of managed switch hardware including configuration development and the creation of procedures to support processes.
- Evaluation of next-generation firewall hardware for brand deployment
- Support and maintenance of business-critical networks and systems
- Proficient to advanced working experience with WAN solutions and protocols (SD-WAN, QoS, MPLS, HDLC, Sliding Window)
- Proficient to advanced working experience with Routing concepts (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP)
- Proficient to advanced working experience with Firewall and UTM concepts (IPS/IDS, DLP, AV, DPI)
- Proficient to advanced experience in Wireless Networking Support and concepts (RF spectrum analysis, interference remediation, channel planning)
- Proficient to advanced working experience with Virtualization Technologies (VMware, Citrix, HyperV)
- Network switching and routing (Cisco, Fortinet, Meraki)
- Wireless Networking (Fortinet, Meraki, Cisco)
- UTM Firewalls (Fortinet, Palo Alto, Cisco, Meraki, SonicWall)
- Secure Remote Access (SSL/TLS, IPsec)
- Knowledge of industry standard network and security frameworks and methodologies (NIST, COBIT, SANS, ITIL)
- Static languages (Java, C++, C#)
- Dynamic languages (Python, Perl)
- Working knowledge and experience with Windows OS administration (Windows 7, 8/8.1, 10 | Server 2008, 2012, 2016)
- Log aggregators and NPM tools (Splunk, LogInsight, Solarwinds NPM, Solarwinds Orion, Fortianalyzer)
- Cloud Service Providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, VMWare, PCF)
- Prior experience deploying and supporting complex, large-scale, networks in a retail/restaurant/hospitality space
- Prior experience with designing and deploying network solutions that complied with PA DSS & PCI DSS standards
- Ability to effectively dialog and interact with cross-functional senior and executive management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Senior Technical Recruiter
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!