100% remote but must be in one of the approved work states: AZ, AR, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, MO, MT, NV, NC, OR, UT, or TX
Network Engineer 2 will interface with Network Architecture and Engineering to provide requirements for network engineering, implementation, and operations. Provides direction for network infrastructure design and installation. Installs network equipment independently and works with Facilities group to prepare environments to house network infrastructure devices.
- Installs and documents network infrastructures including Routers, Switches, WLAN, Converged IP Networks, Firewalls and VPNs.
- Performs security audits, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments.
- Designs and validates network solutions to meet business requirements by configuring and testing hardware to include procurement, testing, and installing network infrastructure hardware aligned with vendor technical guidelines and Enterprise standards.
- Works in cooperation with other network personnel to properly configure network equipment for the environment.
- Communicates effectively with internal customers to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions through project management.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase internal customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships.
- Provides support by leading resolution of complex network issues.
- Troubleshoots complex heterogeneous networks and works with multiple teams to identify bottleneck sand other network configuration issues.
- Effectively communicates complex technical solutions/recommendations to various non-technical audiences.
- Develops and maintains network management strategies and methodologies to ensure that an appropriate level of visibility and reporting is provided.
- Evaluates network management tools and techniques and provides feedback to management.
- Reviews the performance and capacity of existing networks by interpreting reports and recommending strategies to accommodate network growth, security, and other network enhancements based on customers need.
- Remains technically current of new technologies through reading, seminars, workshops, and vendor information.
- Recommends evolution of network systems to stay ahead of industry trends and future business requirements.
- Participates in high-level design of infrastructure with experts from other groups.
- Participates in Enterprise standards meetings, as required, to discuss emerging technologies.
- Maintains documentation of all changes to the production environment through the change management system.
- Documents and updates network diagrams to reflect changes made to the production network in Visio drawings and added to the drawing database.
- Bachelor's Degree in IS related technical field required or equivalent education/experience
- Relevant work experience as typically acquired in 3-5 years.
- Required experience and knowledge in the following disciplines:
- Network infrastructure to include converged IP networks, WLAN, WAN/MAN, LAN, VPN/Firewall.
- TCP/IP and OSI model.
- Routing protocol EiGRP, OSPF, BGP.
- FR/ATM, PPP, HDLC, MLPPP and VLAN.
- DS3/T3, DS1/T1, FAST E, Gig E, 10 Gig E.
- IEEE, TIA/EIA Standards desired.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional -CCNP Preferred
- Cisco Certified Design Professional - CCDP Preferred
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Handle multiple complex projects.
- Act as an advisor or mentor to junior colleagues.
- Work independently with minimal guidance.
- Effectively communicate difficult concepts and negotiate with others in a team environment.