Network Engineer I
St. Louis, MO
Our Telecommunications Client in the greater St. Louis area is looking for a Network Engineer to join their IT Infrastructure group. As a Network Engineer, you will be joining the preproduction efforts to support our client's build-out of new facilities. Experience supporting Cisco routers, switches and thorough documentation skills are needed to be successful in this role. If you are looking to take your networking skills to the next level, then this could be the role for you!
- 2-5 years of experience in a Network Administrator, Network Engineer, or similar role
- Strong understanding of routing protocols, network hardware and software, security technologies and network infrastructure
- Experience troubleshooting and configuring Cisco routers and switches
- Experience with TCP/IP networking, IP subnetting, and networking technologies.
- Strong understanding of OSI models, IP addressing, WLAN and VLAN, Network security and management.
- Ability to troubleshoot a variety of network related issues
- Experience with network design and documentation using tools such as Visio
- Experience or knowledge of IPAM or Infoblox
- Nice to have: Network + or CCNA certification
- Responsible for the strategic planning, design, development, implementation, provisioning and day to day operations for the network infrastructure including Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless LAN, etc.
- Responsible for IPAM (IP Address Management) such as planning, tracking, and managing the Internet Protocol address space used in the network.
- Add, delete, update, and maintain DNS and IP addresses on systems and network devices.
- Document network architecture and work with team to forecast how new network/service will operate
- Conduct analyses of network usage, user complaints, traffic interruptions, hardware and software capabilities, and other relevant factors.
- Performs assessments on existing technologies to determine performance and capacity gaps.
- Assist in developing wireless network infrastructures and make recommendations on systems enhancements for optimization.
- Make decisions on build and materials needed. Obtain quotes and analyze for optimal build out
- Establish network environment by designing configuration, defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards
- Perform quality assurance to success
- Program routers and switches.
ABOUT EIGHT ELEVEN:
- At Eight Eleven, our business is people. Relationships are at the center of what we do. A successful partnership is only as strong as the relationship built. We're your trusted partner for IT hiring, recruiting and staffing needs.
- For over 16 years, Eight Eleven has established and maintained relationships that are designed to meet your IT staffing needs. Whether it's contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent placement work, we customize our search based upon your company's unique initiatives, culture and technologies. With our national team of recruiters placed at 21 major hubs around the nation, Eight Eleven finds the people best-suited for your business. When you work with us, we work with you. That's the Eight Eleven promise.
- Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.