Title: Network Engineer III
Location: McKinney, TX
Job Type: 6 Month Contract – Hire , Full-Time
Compensation: Up to $105k conversion salary
About CSI Tech:
CSI Tech is a different kind of IT talent company. We do our homework to match the right people, with the right skills, to every client challenge. Whether you’re an organization with an immediate IT staffing need or an IT professional searching for the ideal opportunity, CSI Tech is the solution you’ve been looking for. We do IT talent right.
We are seeking a Network Administrator who:
This position is responsible for analyzing, designing, configuring and maintaining network infrastructure and application components. A Network Engineer performs a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation and training tasks to ensure the network performance meets company and user satisfaction. The Network Engineer II works closely with the rest of the Network Infrastructure team to stay informed of changes in the environment, provide insight and recommendations regarding network designs and implementation plans, and maintain a good understanding of the overall network architecture. This individual will be involved in planning, communication, documentation, and implementation tasks related to infrastructure projects. The Network Engineer II will also serve as an escalation point for support issues and service requests.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Create, update, and maintain documentation as needed
- Design, configure, and manage network components such as routers, switches, wireless access points, and security appliances
- Design, configure, and manage voice, collaboration, video teleconferencing, and call center systems
- Application Delivery Controller design and configuration
- Assist the server team with virtual and physical network changes as needed
- Manage and maintain Hybrid Cloud network infrastructure
- Business continuity/Disaster recovery planning/testing
- Proof of Concept and/or integration testing
- Working with vendors on product design enhancements to integrate new technologies
- Network impact analysis, modeling, network capacity planning
- Software/hardware device upgrades, network equipment configurations/provisioning
- Design and implementation for network security technologies and products
- Act as a technical resource for projects, ensuring work is being completed accurately and on-time
- Participate in on-call rotation for after-hours and weekend support
- Monitor the daily ticket queue for infrastructure support items. Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors to provide technical assistance and support.
- Maintain systems and applications uptime to support the enterprise through rigorous adherence to change control policies, pro-active monitoring for abnormal events, regular maintenance activities and willingness to work after normal business hours to meet the needs of the business.
- Work with vendors and service providers to ensure a timely resolution during outages, while also maintaining a clear line of communication with the business and other IT staff members about the impact and status
Education and Work Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Networking
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- CCNA or CCNP certification preferred
- Additional certifications a plus (i.e. F5-CA, ITIL, MCSA, VCP, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Visio
- A basic understanding of programing logic and/or scripting languages
- A solid understanding of network services and protocols, such as DHCP, DNS, SNMP, QoS, ICMP, LACP, VRRP, OSPF, and IPsec
- A good understanding of Cisco voice solutions, such as CUCM, Unity, and UCCX
- A basic understanding of virtualization, especially regarding VMware virtual network concepts
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs without assistance
- Ability to climb and work on a ladder
Our employees enjoy great benefits:
- Healthcare benefits
- 401(k) eligibility at six months of service, including a discretionary match from CSI and all of the benefits
- Expenses reimbursement, according to your contract
- Consultant Care Program
CSI Tech at a glance:
Being a part of a national and worldwide staffing industry enterprise, CSI Tech is a part of The CSI Companies which is part of Recruit, the 5th largest staffing company in the world.
Our responsiveness and high touch customer services has been recognized for three-consecutive years by our clients and candidates in an annual independent survey earning CSI Tech Best of Staffing Talent and Client Satisfaction Awards.