Title: Network Engineer III
Location: McKinney, TX
Job Type: 6-month contract-to-hire
Salary: (Dependent on salary history and experience)
About CSI Tech:
CSI Tech is a different kind of IT talent company. We do our homework to match the right people, with the right skills, to every client challenge. Whether you’re an organization with an immediate IT staffing need or an IT professional searching for the idea opportunity, CSI Tech is the solution you’ve been looking for. We do IT talent right.
- This senior position is dedicated to the support and installation of all Network infrastructure hardware across the organization.
- This role requires a minimum of 8-10 years hands on experience supporting Cisco routers, switches and associated protocols.
- Candidate must possess an in-depth knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures in working with predominantly Cisco hardware in an enterprise environment including in-depth knowledge of all related protocols, including STP, EIGRP, OSPF and BGP protocols.
- Strong working knowledge of network design and architecture. This position does not include management of any direct reports but will be expected to mentor and nurture junior members of the team as needed.
- Work in tandem with the IT Infrastructure manager to help envision future strategies and direction to align with business initiatives.
- Monitors and manages the daily ticket queue for infrastructure support items. Prioritizes, escalates, and solves infrastructure issues as directed through service level agreements.
- Maintains systems and applications uptime to support the enterprise through rigorous adherence to Change Control policies, pro-active monitoring for abnormal events, regular maintenance activities and willingness to work after normal business hours to meet the needs of the business.
- Administration of Routers. Switches, WAP, Meraki, VPN
- Administration of SolarWinds monitoring and Alerting system
- Maintain DR site and ensure all links and circuits are available for DR
- Working knowledge of network infrastructure to provide the best skilled practice for Data Center Design.
- Maintains healthy systems through dedicated procedures, policies, and network management while adhering to IT policies and guidelines.
- Travel to other locations to setup new devices and circuits or solve other support needs may be required.
- Mentors and supports junior members of the team
- Performs other duties as requested by Executive Management or Supervisor.
- Completes all required compliance exams on a yearly basis.
- Current certifications in IT technologies applicable to the position, CCNA and CCNP required.
- Eight to ten years uninterrupted experience with required technologies.
- Current versions of Cisco IOS.
- Current versions of Cisco Routers and Switches.
- All standard routing and switching protocols.
- Cisco VOIP a big plus.
- Familiarity with SDN and SD-WAN.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Good problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Our employees enjoy great benefits:
- Healthcare benefits
- 401(k) eligibility at six months of service, including a discretionary match from CSI and all of the benefits
- Expenses reimbursement, according to your contract
- Consultant Care Program