AceInfo is currently seeking Network Engineer IV to support our federal project, in College Park, MD
Our customer provides a broad range of network and communication capabilities to NWS and other parts of NOAA as well as external agencies. NCEP is responsible for the design, installation, maintenance, and system administration for several local and wide area networks. NWS networks interface with a wide variety of partners and customers to support the NWS mission by collecting and distributing raw and processed hydro meteorological data and products. All observational data ingested by NWS systems access through the NWS networks and the network acts as a message switch which routes weather related products to meet our customer’s The successful candidate will be able to provide support for seamless operation and expeditious operational issue remediation accordingly.
The successful candidate will support the installation, implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of agency wide-area networks (WANs) and local-area networks (LANs). Assist in designing and managing the WAN infrastructure and any processes related to the WAN. Provide Production Support of the Network, including: day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution client Networks. Provide second level problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems. Support the dispatch of circuit and hardware vendors involved in the resolution process. Support the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers. A working knowledge is desirable in various software systems and architectures, communications protocols: and network hardware devices.
- Define, design, plan, and implement LAN/WAN infrastructure changes including cabling, switches, routers, and firewalls, Layer 2 and Layer 3 design, and network configurations.
- Operate and maintain all network hardware and software.
- Plan and execute network migrations, network OS upgrades, network hardware upgrades, firewall implementations and VPN installations.
- Provide in-house technical training to staff on a continuing basis.
- Monitor network activity including, but not limited to, network equipment health, data transfer rates, network connectivity, bandwidth consumption, and security intrusions.
- Create, maintain, and disseminate system documentation and Standard Operating Procedures for network maintenance activities.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve problems with Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT) satellite systems.
- Maintain and operate communication devices and services including Network
- Management tools, equipment and software, and telephone support lines (such as the 1-888-OPSnet line).
- Deliver monthly reports concerning network metrics including, but not limited to, network uptime statistics, bandwidth consumption, network link utilization, and outages for both network links and network equipment.
- Configure and operate CISCO Unified Communications server (Call Manager) in support of enterprise wide VOIP Phones and DVTCs.
- Configure Quality of Service (QOS) over a Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) network to support classes of service and voice/video traffic.
- Provide the on-call and after hours support as required.
- A BS degree in engineering, computer science, related field or equivalent demonstrated experience
- Ability to pass a background investigation for a position of public trust
- Ability to work under general supervision;
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to provide technical oversight or supervision of others.
- 6 to 8+ years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- CCNP certification desired.
U.S. Citizen or Green card is required for the position. Candidate must successfully pass a Federal Background Investigation.
Ace Info Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
IT & Technical