3 Month Contract-to-Hire
The Senior Network Engineer will build, design, maintain functionality, and enhance performance and security for enterprise-wide LAN/WAN network infrastructure system in the primary and secondary datacenter and facilities.
The position requires an individual with a strong background designing, administering, building and troubleshooting network infrastructure components. The candidate should possess the following technical skills or understanding of the following technologies:
- Familiarity with Cisco network equipment and uses for their implementation.
- Cisco Nexus 2K/5K/7K switches
- Cisco 3750 switches
- Cisco ASR Routers
- Checkpoint Firewalls
- Cisco Wireless Controllers
- Cisco Wireless Access Points
- Cisco 6500 switches
- Cisco UC platform experience is a plus
- Citrix Netscaler SDX
- Ability to administer and monitor Cisco equipment within the network
- Solid understanding of WAN circuits and WAN connectivity solutions
- Solid understanding of routing protocols and how they are used.
- Familiarity with non-Cisco equipment such as Checkpoint, Juniper, F5, Riverbed and Netscaler
- Ability to plan and design network solutions to support data replication, remote site connectivity, VPN access
General responsibilities include:
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) for at least one information system, tool or process providing expertise, guidance, and standardization enterprise-wide.
- Build, design, and fix infrastructure system, tool or process to support Infrastructure Services strategic objectives continually seeking opportunities for efficiencies through automation.
- Triage, document and act as level 3 issues resolution from ticket management system.
- The position requires a high-level understanding of general networking concepts, as well as, how to implement those concepts using Cisco network equipment for LAN and WAN connectivity. The candidate must be able to administer switch and router configurations. The candidate must also be able to provide input and guidance to vendors who are assisting with network implementations, management and troubleshooting.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent relevant experience.
Experience: Minimum 3 years of relevant experience.
Certifications: Cisco certifications are preferred.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.