.Net Developer – Client-NCR - College Station, TX / Salary range 79K-80K
TITLE: .Net Developer
LOCATION: College Station, TX
We develop software in the cloud that manages and drives media content on a distributed network of displays. Want the opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies in digital displays, multimedia and content creation? Come be a part of our team of skilled and professional developers! As a Software Engineer on our team, you would help to design and implement software enhancements for the Digital Signage line of products. Your focus would be on creating highly usable content-design and content management tools, and implementing cutting-edge visualization effects for Windows and/or Android media devices. You would collaborate with other great developers using Agile methodologies to refine requirements, develop quality software, and get things done!
Primary Job Duties:
Work closely with a software team to design and implement products for the Digital Signage industry. Primary job duties will include:
- Follow functional specifications to develop software solutions.
- Carry out assigned programming tasks in a timely manner.
- Code, debug and unit test programs or program modifications.
- Work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Work with Quality Assurance team to address defects and change requests.
- Adhere to programming standards and proper processes for source control, change management and problem tracking.
- Participate in the planning and direction of products.
Other/Occasional Job Duties:
- Research problems and recommend solutions for technical issues experienced by customers.
- Participate in the planning, design, and direction of products.
- Bachelor's degree or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Software development experience with MS Windows development, including Visual Studio, C#, ASP.NET, and .NET Framework.
- Strong UI Design skills with a focus on User Experience.
- Knowledge of databases and SQL.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and networking.
- Software development experience on the Android platform.
- Knowledgeable in Agile software development methodologies.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to multi-task, deal with interruptions and manage time effectively.
- Exhibits good problem solving skills.
- Experience with Windows Forms and/or WPF UI design.
- Knowledge of graphical effects and graphical rendering & visualization techniques.
- Experience with development with Xamarin is a plus.
- Experience with MS SQL Server (2012 or later) and/or other database engines.
- Ability to be self-motivated and learn new skills quickly.