Full Time ExemptExempt
Washington, DC, US
Our client, a leading Washington, DC law firm, has an opening for a Network Engineer to join its Information Services team. This role is responsible for ensuring the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of in-house information systems and network infrastructure, including LAN, WAN, WLAN and Internet Connections. The Network Engineer will also administer and maintain the Cisco telephony and unified communication systems and MPLS network.
* Manage and maintain successful network infrastructure including LAN, WAN, WLAN, and Internet connections
* Manage, administer and maintain Cisco telephony and unified communication VOIP systems
* Manage administer and maintain Cisco UCS Fabric and Server Blades
* Manage administer and maintain Cisco Routing and Switching with OSPF and BGP in physically diverse network
* Manage administer and maintain Cisco Wireless Network and Controllers
* Manage administer and maintain power distribution systems PDU/UPS
* Accept, turn up, activate and provide access to internet and site to site carrier service circuits for MPLS, 10Gbps Metro E, PTP and DIA.
* Maintain network security to protect against external, internal, and/or programmatic threats
* Manage administer and maintain network monitoring software to ensure timely alerts and response to network and systems issues
* Manage administer and maintain VMware distributed virtual switching environment
* Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems
* Support customer remote access including VPN and Citrix solutions
* Serve as an escalation point for network system operational issues
* Support Active Directory and group policies within a Windows Server 2012/2016 environment
* Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records
* Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes
* Investigate developing network technologies and provide recommendations regarding the future application of such technologies and related productivity gains
* Respond to after-hours issues in a timely manner based upon severity and/or business impact
* Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* 8+ years of relevant experience as a network engineer
* Cisco Certification CCNA and CCNP desired
* Proven experience and success with LAN, SAN, WAN and WLAN configuration management and administration in Cisco environments
* Knowledge and experience with Cisco Nexus Datacenter Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching and routing
* Specific configuration experience with Cisco Catalyst 2960,3750 and 3850
* Knowledge and experience configuring BGP, OSPF and EIGRP
* Knowledge and experience with Cisco Wifi Mesh
* Knowledge and experience with Cisco VOIP Unified Communications
* Knowledge and experience configuring Internet circuits, MPLS circuits and point to point circuits between geographically different sites
* Experience with Citrix XenApp and NetScaler
* Experience with VMware in a Windows Server/2012/2016 environment
* Experience with network security for Windows Server /2012/2016 and Cisco devices
* Microsoft MCSE certification desired
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* The ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both in oral and written form
* The ability to multi-task, prioritize/coordinate deadlines and track progress of tasks
* Ability to organize work flow and use time efficiently
* Ability to demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy
* Must maintain confidentiality of work related information and materials
* Must establish and maintain effective working relationships in or out of a team environment
* Strong leadership and motivational skills
* Understands and adopts the organizational structure
* Possesses the attitude of collaboration and sharing
* Willingness to learn and adopt new methodologies
* Skills in analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving problems, while providing documentation for future reference
* Flexibility and willingness to respond to issues during and outside of core business hours
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* Position operates in a professional office environment which is usually quiet to moderate
* Position requires that the employee have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
* This position is primarily a sedentary position. However, some duties and responsibilities are required which would require the applicant to lift files or equipment, open filing cabinets, bend or stand, kneel, stoop or crouch to access equipment, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, occasionally move about to access office equipment, etc.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
* The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds.
* The Firm requires that the duties and responsibilities of this position be performed onsite during scheduled work hours.
*This description outlines the basic requirements of this position. It is not intended to be a complete description of other requirements which include adherence to Firm policies and procedures as well as Department performance standards.