Planet Technology is teaming up with a Port Washington, WI area client to locate and bring on a Network Admin/Engineer for a long term opportunity!
- 4 - 8 years network administration & engineering experience
- Microsoft certification preferred.
- Office365/Azure experience
- LAN knowledge, Aruba/Fortinet experience a plus
- Network design and implementation
- Problem solving, strategic planning, multi-tasking, quality focus.
- Strong technical knowledge and abilities.
Description of Role
- Maintain a secure and up to date computing environment by identifying network issues/vulnerabilities and server requirements; installing upgrades; and monitoring ongoing performance.
- Position is a key contributor to Cybersecurity response, training, and diagnosis of security issues. Assists with maintaining/updating response plans as needed.
- Establish network specifications by conferring with users, analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements.
- Manage network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Enhance network security via access controls, multi-factor authentication, system/data backups, and firewall integrity.
- Require potential off hour work and an on-call rotation along with occasional travel to remote sites.
- Monitor and maintain backups and assists with Disaster Recover and Business Continuity planning. Ability to evaluate and enhance company’s existing Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plan.
- Play a key role in integrating new business acquisitions the network including e-mail account integration, network security, data backup and Disaster Recover/Business Continuity planning.
- Provide next level support, mentorship, and assistance to IT Help Desk as needed
- Secure network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation, maintaining documentation.
- Prepare users by designing and conducting training programs, providing references and support.
- Upgrade network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Additional ad-hoc projects as needed.