This position is responsible for analyzing, designing, configuring and maintaining network infrastructure and application components. A Network Engineer performs a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation and training tasks to ensure the network performance meets company and user satisfaction. The Network Engineer works closely with the rest of the Network Infrastructure team to stay informed of changes in the environment, provide insight and recommendations regarding network designs and implementation plans, and maintain a good understanding of the overall network architecture. This individual will be involved in planning, communication, documentation, and implementation tasks related to infrastructure projects. The Network Engineer will also serve as an escalation point for support issues and service requests.
- Experience working with Windows Server 2008/2008R2/2012R2/2016
- Knowledge of one or more of the following - Microsoft Exchange 2010/2016, SQL Server 2012/2014/2016, SharePoint 2010/2013
- Knowledge of Active Directory 2012/2016 in an Enterprise environment, including backup and restore procedures, as well as support for multiple forests and domains
- Experience with virtualization and cloud management technologies (e.g., VMware)
- Experience with external Cloud providers (ex. Microsoft, AWS, etc.).
- Experience with storage hardware, file systems and protocols (e.g., EMC, IBM, NetAp, etc.).
- Experience with server hardware vendors (e.g., HP, Dell, IBM, Cisco), including rack-mount and blade servers.