A TEKsystems client is looking for a contractor to join their Network Engineering team. This candidate would be a key addition to projects that are directly related to new infrastructure builds, redesign and re-architecture highly complex networks. This contractor's time will be spent approximately 80% on projects and documentation, along with approximately 20% of maintenance and troubleshooting issues.
This position will be a 12 month contract that renews on a yearly basis.
TOP 3 SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Experience with Routing Protocols such as BGP and OSPF (configuration and advanced routing features).
2. Experience with Firewalls (Cisco FirePower and Palo Alto Firewalls) - Experience includes implementation, design, configurations, etc.
3. Experience with STP Protocol - Spanning Tree Protocol
The ideal candidate for this position must be well versed in BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP routing protocols, experienced with Cisco QoS, Multicast and data center technologies such as Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) and capable of applying best practices in those areas. Knowledge of network security practices and operational knowledge of Cisco ASA Firewalls. Familiarity with Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) would also be helpful. The ideal candidate must be able to lead complex IT network engineering projects with detailed technical expertise while managing an operational network in a highly-available, fast-paced business environment. The candidate must be able to mentor junior-level network administration staff, utilize all available resources to resolve problems quickly through effective root cause analysis, develop and communicate future vision effectively, produce network design trade-offs for consideration by management, and manage the overall network architecture design and set of management tools. Python programming skills are also helpful.
Minimum Job Requirements:
1. Minimum 5 years of experience in a complex network environment with a Cisco infrastructure.
2. Demonstrated experience with QoS, Multicast, complex routing protocols.
3. Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) / Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) required, or equivalent experience.
4. Demonstrated experience with network security tools, including but not limited to IPS/IDS, firewalls, and F5/application gateways/load balancers.
5. Ability to communicate effectively, mentor other staff, develop and communicate vision, and make data-driven decisions for design of the overall network.
Preferred Job Requirements, (NOT REQUIRED):
1. At least 2 years' experience with Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure.
2. Ten years of experience in a complex network environment with a Cisco Infrastructure.
3. Industry certification equivalent to CCIE.
4. Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Information Technology-related field.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.