The Network Engineer's role is to ensure the stability and integrity of in-house voice, data, video, and wireless network services. This is achieved by designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization. In addition, the Network Engineer will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
ACQUISITION & DEPLOYMENT
* Design and deploy company LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including servers, routers, hubs, switches, UPSs, and other hardware.
* Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
* Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
* Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcing, and contractors to secure network products and services.
* Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
* Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
* Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
* Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, fax machines, and other network appliances.
* Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
* Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
* Participate in managing all network security solutions.
* Provide guidance to junior members of the team.
Top Skills Details1) Prior Experiencing Deploying LANs, WANs, - including servers, routers, hubs, switches, UPSs, and other hardware.
2) Past experience in the installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
3) Hands on experience monitoring and testing network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
Education / Accreditation / Licensure (required & preferred):
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
Experience (required and preferred):
* CCNA required.
* CCNP preferred.
* CCNA Security / CCNP Security preferred.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills required.
* Must project a professional company image through in-person and phone interactions at all times.
* 5 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education/experience.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.