$85,000.00 to $110,000.00 per year
Robert Half Technology is hiring a Network Engineer for our client in Norcross, GA.
If interested, please apply and email your resume to [email protected].
The Network Engineer (NE) is responsible for building, implementing, and managing the distributed enterprise LAN/WAN infrastructure. The NE will work collaboratively with cross-discipline data center, virtualization, disaster recovery, voice, and support services teams to identify need, define strategy and execute complex solutions. The NE will set the example for technical expertise, teamwork and innovation on our path to software defined network (SDN). nbsp; The ideal candidate desires a direct, hands-on role in tactical execution, and will demonstrate initiative, creativity, and strategic thinking.
During the first 8-12 months, you can expect:
- to work independently to verify network documentation for our enterprise
- to build and implement improvement plans on our core network
- to transition our current network to the new leaf amp; spine structured network
hellip;All while supporting our current network infrastructure.
- Support and trouble-shoot IGP/EGP, VPN, SDN, WAN, LAN and Datacenter systems under the direction of the Team Director and Network Architect
- Support and Maintain high-performance, highly-resilient enterprise networks (LAN amp; WAN.)
- Support and Maintain enterprise voice installations (MACD, trouble-shooting, provisioning, etc.)
- Support and Maintain enterprise wireless installations (MACD, trouble-shooting, provisioning, etc)
- Support and Maintain enterprise converged networks and virtual environments (MACD, trouble-shooting, provisioning, etc)
- Provide tier II support by providing trouble resolution of the network infrastructure.
- Maintain conceptual, logical and physical network structures, documents and drawings, and testing plans.
- Maintain and keep current network performance monitoring and availability systems.
- Maintain network uptime and reliability to the satisfaction of the CTO (99.9%+ reliability.)
- Emergency off hours network support as needed including on-call duties (rotation).
- First-call diagnosis of LAN/WAN network problems including outages and application performance issues.
- Communicates and initiates business-driven projects and brings concerns to the table as soon as they are uncovered.
- Maintains corporate confidentiality and work within a framework to maintain PCI ndash; DSS Compliance.
- Support the accurate inventory and documentation of hardware, software and license inventories.
- Support and maintain systems that provide ldquo;Value Added rdquo; Customer Service to the enterprise.
- Continually strives to provide ldquo;Value Added rdquo; Customer Service.
- Maintains corporate security and confidentiality.
Education, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
- Valued Certifications:
- CCNP Routing amp; Switching (or equivalent industry certification or experience)
- Meraki CMNO
- VMware VCA
- CCNA Voice
- Must be fully versed in standard enterprise layer 2 amp; 3 network technologies and topologies
- 3+ years immersed in standard LAN routing protocols (OSPF), sniffers, loggers, etc.
- Associate Degree in CS, IT or Engineering (or equivalent work experience)
- Proven ability to implement and support complex, enterprise network infrastructures including multi-site data center and disaster recovery frameworks supported by network and server virtualization
- Ability to work well under pressure, maintain detail oriented composure, build consensus
- Ability to communicate and interact with all levels of employees and management
- Ability to work well with a team, manage contractor relationships, and work independently
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and execute effectively and according to schedule
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person. Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
$85,000.00 - $110,000.00 /Year
Engineering & Aerospace, IT & Technical, Creative & Design